Administering FSSE involves active collaboration between FSSE staff and participating campuses for about a 12-month time span. FSSE participants work with both their NSSE Project Services Team and the FSSE staff for assistance with every aspect of preparing and administering FSSE, including invitations, reminder messages, and delivery of the online survey.
FSSE also provides a secure web-portal for uploading files and managing survey administration details from start to finish.
The timeline below approximates the general activities of the 12-month cycle.
Summer: Register and Plan Ahead
- Registration open (June to February)
- View Webinars to prepare for survey administration
- Begin planning promotional activities
Fall / Winter: Survey Preparations
- Customize FSSE by choosing modules and/or joining a consortium (only if participating in a NSSE consortium)
- Prepare survey materials, such as population file, invitation customization, and message schedule.
- Finalize and implement promotional strategy
Spring (April and May)
- Survey administration takes place
- Reminder messages sent to non-respondents
- Customize reports by choosing disciplinary areas, and other reporting options
- Survey administration closes (May 10)
Summer / Fall: Data & Reports
- Institutional Report delivery and data files available for download (August)
- Disciplinary Area Report available for download (October)
- Annual Results delivered (November)